Friday 25 March 2016

Imperial Trenchers - WIP

I feel like I should start off by saying everything old is new again.

When Target Games first brought out WarZone a skirmish war-game set in the Mutant Chronicles universe in the 90's I was a huge fan.  A lot of people just saw it as a 40K knock off but I really liked the cyberpunk inspired take on the whole 'grimdark' concept.

Over the last few years I have shown some of my first and second generation WarZone figs and I have dabbled in jumping back into actually playing.  A few weeks ago my friend Ash and I actually made it as far as debating whether we were going to play the first or second edition of the rules.  Then the plan changed a little bit.

Prodos Games (who are producing the current/new version of WarZone) sent Ash two of the starter boxes to show off on his YouTube channel Guerrilla Miniature Games.  So instead of jumping in the way back machine we're painting up two new forces to play with.

I'll be doing the forces of the Imperial Mega-Corporation.  The Imperial background and imagery is all inspired by the United Kingdom with the Trenchers being a clear throw back to to the BEF of World War 1.


The starter box comes with the two squads I've started as well as two officers and a small vehicle reminiscent of the commonwealth armies Universal Carrier of World War 2 (those should be making an appearance here next week).

I'm really impressed with the quality of the figures.  To be honest when I first heard they were resin I was a little hesitant as I have had some bad experiences with resin in the past.  What's great about the Prodos figures (the ones I've got so far at least) is that most of the pieces are thick enough that bending or warping aren't an issue.  The detail is crisp, the models are light-weight and I didn't spend any more time prepping them than I would have a plastic or metal squad.

Looking forward to finishing these up this weekend and hopefully getting some games in soon!

-Jay



2 comments:

  1. I just gave away all of my Warzone stuff which included a full two units of Trenchers. I really likes these guys, but it was time to move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I don't move on, I circle back.

      Delete